SPOTView, the digital satellite image map - Remote sensing tutorial
SPOTView, the digital satellite image map
||SPOTViews supply up-to-date information in the form of extremely reliable product underlays which can be used directly in a geographic information system (GIS) or map-making software.
Depending on the surface of the area to be studied:
- full scenes: 60 km long x 60 to 80 km wide, according to the viewing angle.
- standard mapsheets centred on an area of interest (digital mosaic of several Spot scenes)
- 30' x 30' : ~ 54 km x 54 km at the equator
- 15' x15' : ~ 27 km x 27 km at the equator
- 7'30" x 7'30" : ~ 13 km x 13 km at the equator